The majority of your web site visitors are using an iPhone or smartphone to check out your business. But if your web site takes longer than 3 seconds to load up on a mobile device, consumers will abandon your web site. Google is now using mobile web page speed as a ranking factor in their search algorithm.
If your web site is too slow, Google will penalize your listing in the search results.
SEO Mobile Speed Tips
- All your photos should be compressed and re-sized to fit smaller mobile screens.
- Most iPhones will only display a 320 pixel wide image
- Don't upload photos directly from your digital camera. 2Mb original photo can be compressed and optimized to 55Kb size instead
- Link your videos. Providing a video link back to YouTube or Instagram lets your customers view your video without slowing down your mobile web site.
- Choose a web hosting provider that provides mobile acceleration software to speed up your web site
- With mobile, less is more. Less clutter. Fewer clicks. Fewer smaller pictures. Easy navigation
- 80% of web site visitors will abandon your site if they can't find what they need in 3 Clicks
- Check your web site with the Free Google Speed Test https://testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com/intl/en-ca